SavvyTeenAcademy: Quality Standard
This quality policy outlines our commitment to ensuring that each attendee at the SavvyTeenAcademy has an enjoyable learning experience that serves to broaden their self-awareness. We have set a high benchmark and outline our four quality standard areas as follows:
- The Learning and Self Awareness Experience
- Health and Safety
- Physical Environment and Meals
Learning and Self-Awareness:
- In order to guarantee an excellent experience for in the SavvyTeenAcademy, we have a maximum number of participants capped at 30 . This means that each person will have the opportunity to engage in the conversations and group discussions. In addition, this enables the SavvyTeenAcademy instructors to provide context and relevance to all participants.
- We appreciate that learning preferences and styles differ from one person to the next and hence we will ensure that a suitably mixed method approach is used each day. Tutors and guest speakers will use a host of available methods such as practical demonstration, online content, classroom style, reflective learning, group activities and action learning to deliver upon this objective.
- All materials used will be presented to a high quality and will be available in PDF format via e-mail for future reference.
- Attendees will be asked to fill out an evaluation sheet at the end of each day and all feedback will be actioned accordingly. They will also be invited to fill out a final evaluation form on the entire programme at the end of the course week.
- Any complaints can be made to one of the appointed supervisors at any point during the programme and this feedback will be reviewed by the organisers within 24 hours.
Health & Safety:
- Every reasonable precaution will be taken to protect attendees from harm and hazard likely to cause injury.
- Attendees will be made aware of fire exits and assembly points at the start of each day.
- We will have a record of all contact details for attendees and their parents so that we can make direct contact in the event of a (highly unlikely) change to the schedule or for health and safety reasons.
- Each attendee will have a point of reference person and a phone number whom they can contact at any time during the programme.
Physical Environment and Meals:
- The physical environment is inclusive, promotes competence, independent thinking and group collaboration.
- All workshops will take place at Griffith College, Dublin in one of their state of the art classrooms which is fully fitted with modern learning facilities. Break out rooms for group activities will also be available.
- Rooms are temperature controlled and participants will be asked about the temperature regularly throughout the day for their comfort.
- A delicious, nutritious Elevenses range of snacks and beverages as well as a buffet lunch will be provided in the Griffith College restaurant campus each day for attendees.
- Attendees will be supervised at all times by a staff member and ratios are maintained at 1:10.
- All supervisors, tutors, coaches and guest speakers will be respectful and ethical to all attendees.
- Staff will observe and ensure that all attendees work collaboratively to develop their skills and to promote practice through relationships.
- There is a commitment to continuous improvement
- Administrative systems are established and maintained by Wandsoft to ensure the effective operation of the service.