Join us on our 2022 summer camp and confirm your place today
CLICK on the SAVVY BUTTERFLY sections to read the pop-ups
Communication is a skill that a lot of people struggle with, despite how important it is. In this camp we will teach you how to communicate effectively. We cover:
- The nuances of body language and voice tone
- Organising your thoughts and getting your points across articulately
- How to disagree agreeably
- How to plan written communication
Digital skills are becoming more and more sought after in the workplace and your digital footprint is more important than ever. You will learn:
- How to be more savvy with social media and your online presence
- Practical tools to protect your privacy
- How to build your online reputation and create a compelling LinkedIn profile
- Leverage your social media to authentically reflect who you are in a positive way
Even outwardly successful people struggle with confidence.So many public speakers sometimes have moments of sheer panic before they walk on stage, but they have the skill set to manage their anxiety, which we will teach you how to use.
- Learning to identify and manage situations that make you anxious
- Finding the resources to overcome the nerves and flourish
- Laying the foundations of lifelong practices to become more confident, day after day
Careers & Study Skills
- Improve concentration and focus skills
- Remove distractions
- Manage your time for maximum efficiency
- Utilise the best exam techniques to your advantage
- Fill out the CAO form effectively
- And we will answer any questions you have on how to flourish in your future career
Finance & Budgeting
Pocket money and babysitting money might be everything you need to manage right now but soon money management will be on your mind, and it is a skill that will serve you in the future. We will teach you:
- How to earn an income while in college
- How to put a saving plan in place
- An understanding of the stock market and how to invest with confidence in a risk-controlled way.
Bounce back from hard times and cope with difficult situations.
Build yourself back up after a setback by increasing your mental resilience.
At #SavvyTeenAcademy we teach you resilience and how to redefine your thoughts on failure. You didn't fail if you learned something!
Book your Place
"I just wanted to say another big thank you for the great week. I can honestly say I have a different view of my future in the world and how I want to spend my life, also how important it is to know your value in the world."
High-focus summer camp of transformative learning
Yes, you can have it all: excel at school and college, prepare to flourish at work, and maximise the fun of all your life experiences. Build your toolbox of skills and strategies in all areas - whatever the situation, you'll have just the right practical tool to make the most of it. Practice those skills in a supportive, affirming environment. Meet other people just like you and cheer each other on as you watch your potential unfold
All these things require a specific mindset and approach
Susan HayesCulleton runs #SavvyTeenAcademy. She has walked the walk: she's successfully been through school, college and jobs - and now she runs her own businesses.
We've been there and done that
At #SavvyTeenAcademy, we remember what it was like to dream big and have no idea where to start. We remember what it was like to feel embarrassed and not dare say it out loud: yes, you want the best life. Will others belittle your ambitions? Will they laugh at you?
This four-day intensive contains
All the practical tips and inspiration we wish we'd had when we were your age. And we'll share it all with you.
What students will learn at #SavvyTeenAcademy
SavvyTeenAcademy is NOT a traditional course based on the school curriculum.
Students will learn and practice skills that are essential to academic and professional success, but aren't taught as such in school, such as:
- speaking confidently and persuasively in front of an audience
- studying smart, and not just hard
- making an excellent first impression in a professional or personal context
- overcoming shyness and coming across as respectful and confident in any conversation or exchange
- managing stress-inducing situations with poise and grace, without crumbling under pressure
- protecting themselves and coping in difficult situations requiring quick adaptation (moving out and starting college, coping with feelings of sadness or isolation, after a breakup for example)
At the end of the programme
Take home with you the best strategies, tried and selected by highly successful people - and use them for life.
Places are limited - Book early to be one of only 25 participants!
Come join us
For a packed four days you'll never forget. Learn the skills that will help you in real life. Get clear on what you want from life, and then get it!
A meaningful, enriching Transition Year work experienceCurrently running Transition Year work experience for business and corporates.